Monday, July 13, 2015

Well that was a week....

Someone told me on the Whole9 forum that if you don't plan for your reintroduction and post Whole30 days, you can unravel very quickly. I can see how that is true. I did a pretty good job last week staying "compliant" and reintroducing only one type of food at a time, but we ate only 2 dinners out of 7 at home. It's been SO nice having the expensive grocery shops balanced by not eating at restaurants or ordering in, but last week we went a little crazy.

That's done though now, and we have committed to eating dinners at home all week this week. I'm going back to mostly Whole30 this week after reintroducing dairy and pasta last week on a couple of days.

I have added in smoothies for meals now as part of my post Whole30. I find them easier to manage first thing in the morning and help with getting me to work on time. Today's was spinach, mango, blueberry, banana, Vega Protein & Greens powder, chia, hemp and buckwheat with almond milk and a splash of orange juice. I find them very filling and it's easier for me for sure. I know that after my Whole30 I was supposed to be this magical breakfast convert who could easily eat savory meat and veggies for breakfast, but that did not happen.

I made up a batch of the golden cauliflower soup (recipe on my recipe post) from The Clothes Make the Girl website and will use it as a "sauce" for my lunches this week.

There will be minimal pasta and dairy for me this week as we have a wedding on the weekend that is bound to be full of amazing food and treats! See? I learned something on Whole30...it's all about the balance. I like that I can make these decisions and not feel helpless to my cravings and lack of motivation.

Happy Monday everyone!

Until next time...

T

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, back on track. It's easier to eat out a lot! Glad that that week is over😅. I know that you can figure this whole eating thing out. You made it throughthe WHOLE 30 days( pun intended), staying on track. No small feat, young lady! Go girl💋

    ReplyDelete