Tuesday, July 7, 2015

A New Day

What an exciting morning! I feel like I'm both at the end of something and the beginning of something else.

Now that I'm officially post-Whole30, I am excited to reintroduce foods that have been off limits for the past 30 days. With my weight loss kick started (in a big way) I'm able to actually wrap my head around doing what I need to do to take care of myself.

The thought of being completely in control over this, able to do whatever I set my mind to now and set up for success is something I can't ever say I've felt. With this brand new territory comes both excitement and fear. How can I make sure that the old me stays quiet and doesn't try to take over? How can I be sure that I won't just get lazy and fall back into my old habits. I can tell you for sure I want NOTHING to do with those old habits. Am I off "bad" foods forever? No, but they will be in moderation and for good reasons, not just because. I'm torn right now between the fleeting thoughts of "eat all the things because you can" and "stay in control and keep this going".

Obviously after putting in 30 difficult days, I do NOT want to give them back. They are mine and they are serving me well. I will continue to embrace this lifestyle with my modifications that make things easier and more varied.

It's a new day....it's exciting to think of what can happen next.

Until next time...

T

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! You have the affirming positive attitude. You can do this! You are a strong, beautiful woman.

    ReplyDelete