Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Starting Again...

Without the "rules", I'm really struggling.

I thought it would be easy to transition to normal, healthy eating when I was done my Whole30. I thought my cravings were fully in check and I could handle the little extras....I was wrong.

So I'm going to start again. Day 1 will be July 20 which puts Day 15 on the 3rd of August and Day 30 on the 18th.

I wasn't really super stoked about my round 1 results. I mean they were good, don't get me wrong. I felt better, had all the benefits I talked about in my other blog, but it didn't seem THAT dramatic. The weight loss was great.

I've noticed that just 9 short days after finishing, I've begun to unravel...and quite quickly. I did my reintroduction days with W30 days in between, but little things have snuck back in. A caramel machiatto here, a bit of ice cream after dinner there....wham....I've got some problems already.

1. I'm starving in the morning by 10 or 1030 am. My beloved smoothie, even with protein powder is not keeping me full until lunch. I thought we had a deal smoothie....I thought we were friends...you're going to have to get kicked to the curb.

2. The headaches...oh the headaches...I've had one a day for the past 3 or 4 days. Coincidence? I don't think so.

3.  Knees...my old granny knees. I only noticed a huge difference in knee pain on day 28 - 30. It just vanished...well it's back and with a vengeance!

4. Abdominal discomfort - bloating, feeling gross after eating, bathroom issues (TMI) and just all around yuckiness.

So what to do?

I can just keep going telling myself I'm in control and I can make good choices and then eat Mcdonalds for lunch instead of what I brought from home.  I can try to add in some snacks and eat 6 times a day to supplement my less-than-satisfying smoothie. Or I can just bite the bullet and get back to a way of eating where I felt much better and try that out again for a month. Yup....that's the answer.

So back I go. The protein powder and the frozen mangoes are being put away and the sweet potatoes and chicken are coming back out...sigh....

What did I do to myself with this Whole30?

Until next time...

T

1 comment:

  1. Just think of this week as an experiment within your experiment. Now you've learned how much good you did in those 30 days! As hard as it was, it was good for YOU! You go Girl!! Just think of how much better you feel! Hang on to that.

    ReplyDelete